- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1.1 Inventory: Unpack and ensure all items included with the package are present.
- 1.2 Initial Setup:
- 1.3 Quick Setup:
- 1.4 Recording, Playback, and Backup:
- 1.5 Remote Access:
Quick Start Guide
Note: For more information and instructions on how to operate your Dahua device, please visit www.DahuaWiki.com
Inventory: Unpack and ensure all items included with the package are present.
- Mount or Accessory
- Mounting hardware
Necessary (Hardware Not Included)
- 3.5” Hard Drive
- Phillips Screwdriver
- CAT5 Network Cable for cameras
- Internet Connection and Router/Modem (Required for Remote Access)
- VGA or HDMI Display (Preferably 1080P or higher resolution)
1. Location: Determine where you will install your system. Ideally, this should be somewhere close to your modem or router.
2. Connect the mouse to the system’s USB port found on the back of the system.
3. (Optional) Connect a network cable to the system and your router or modem.
4. Connect a VGA or HDMI cable to the system and the display.
6. Connect the power cable to your system and surge protector.
7. Connect your cameras to the back of the system (and power, if applicable).
8. (If Applicable)Flip the power switch on the back of the unit to boot up your system.
Quick Start Wizard: Once the system has booted up, a window will pop-up guiding you through the initial setup of your system. You can change these settings later in case you make a mistake.
- Password: How to Change User Name and Password
- Date and Time: How to Set Date and Time
- Format HDD: How to Format Hard Drive
Recording, Playback, and Backup:
Recording: Schedule or Motion
- NVR Interface: How to Playback Recorded Video on the NVR
- Web Interface: How to Playback Video via Web Browser
- Local Backup USB: How to Perform a Local Backup
- Remote Backup Browser: How to Backup Recorded Video via Web Browser
- Remote Backup via SmartPSS: How to Backup Recorded Video via SmartPSS
- Internet Explorer Setup: How to Troubleshoot Internet Explorer
- Local (LAN) Access: How to Locate NVR on LAN
- Port Forward Setup: How to Setup Remote Access via Port Forwarding
- P2P Setup: How to Setup Remote Access via P2P
- SmartPSS Access via P2P: How to Setup Remote Access via P2P and SmartPSS
Remote Access-Mobile: iDMSS(iPhone) / gDMSS(Android)
- Android Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mm.android.direct.gdmssphoneLite
- iPhone Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idmss-lite/id517936193?mt=8
- Mobile Access via P2P: Mobile Access via P2P
- Mobile Access via IP: Mobile Access via IP