Networking/Bandwidth Load and Compression
Bandwidth, Load, and Compression
- This is the data transfer rate.
- Usually measured in Kbps(Kilobits per second).
- A high load would be compressing H.265 since it is compressing at a harder algorithm.
- H.264b would be low load since it take less CPU power to compress it.
- Used to reduce storage in hardware.
- Video compression are usually H.264B, H.264, H.265H, and H.265.
- For more information on H.265 vs H.264, visit here.
- H.264H use more complex encoding algorithms and will produce better quality video at an equivalent transfer rate.
- Baseline profile is easier to decode, but Main and High profiles offer better compression and therefore use less bandwidth to achieve the same quality stream