NVR/Recording Setup/RAID Setup
How to Setup RAID
RAID is a data storage virtualization technology that combines multiple physical disk drive components into a single logical unit for the purposes of data redundancy, performance improvement, or both.
- An NVR that supports RAID
- 3 or more hard drives installed on your NVR
Step by Step Instructions to Setup RAID5
1. Login to your NVR from the web interface.
2. Go to Setup->Storage->RAID
Confirm that all installed hard drives are present.
3. Check each of the hard drives you wish to include in the array.
4. Click, "Create Manually"
5. Click, "OK" on the confirmation message, and wait several minutes.
6. Click, "Refresh" and you should see a single listing for the drives you added to the RAID along with a confirmation message.